June 24, 2010

Putting the FUN in Fundraising

I can't wait for this weekend! Saturday night is going to be a blast. Let me explain.

In early May, I sent all my girlfriends an e-vite to join me in my effort to raise $2,300 for the Susan G. Komen 3-day by going on a little pub crawl. How do I plan to raise money via pub crawl you ask? Similar to the Girl's Night Out fundraiser by Leanne...the walker. Me and eight of my super amazing girlfriends are going to hit the town sporting black t-shirts with hot pink bras overtop (thanks to inspiration from a pic on the Betties for Boobies blog). I think our "outfits" will help us stand out and show we're serious, not to mention that it will hopefully separate us from looking like just another bachelorette party.

I've been in touch with several bars in the area who are going to be running fun specials to support the cause. For example, one bar is going to donate $3 for every Shooter for Hooters we sell.  So our job is to have fun promoting the various specials while raising awareness and asking for additional monetary support. Sounds like a good time, right?!


I've been crafting this week in preparation. I made a few signs to hold up (like the one above that also has a statistic about breast cancer on the other side). I also decorated some shoe boxes and cut a hole in the top to serve as our collection "jar" for donations.

I'm so thankful for the support from the bars and my lady friends. For some reason, planning this fundraiser and looking forward to a fun girl's night out has made me appreciate even more how lucky I am to have the good health that enables me to live life on MY terms and not having to be at the mercy of doctors, nurses and chemotherapy appointments. I don't take a single day of health and happiness for granted.

Any last minute tips for a successful girl's night out fundraiser? Be sure to check back next week for results on how we do and some pics of course!

2 comments:

  1. HOW FUN!!!! Where are you going? Can't wait to see your pictures. Good luck and raise LOT'S of $$$ 4 the Cure. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun! What a great idea to talk to the bars ahead of time. Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete