March 20, 2010

In Loving Memory

This week, I lost one of my closest co-workers. It's been a sad few days. Erin was a beautiful 27 year old bride-to-be. She just bought her first house in September and was going to graduate grad school in May.

Here's Erin and her fiance Chris at our wedding six months ago. 

We're not sure of the exact cause of her death, but it was very sudden and unexpected. She hadn't been feeling well for a few weeks and the doctor's couldn't really understand what was going on. Although I'm almost 100% certain it wasn't related to breast cancer, I'm still going to walk in her honor...because everyone deserves a lifetime! 

Erin will never know what's it like to be a bride. She'll never be able to experience motherhood. And it pains me to think that she'll never get to look Chris in his eyes and call him her husband.

Rest in peace Erin K. You're in my heart and will be my inspiration on this journey to help save lives.

   

2 comments:

  1. Oh my lord this is SO SAD. Sigh, such a sin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christina,

    I just found your blog because I saw that you were a follower of my 3-Day blog from last year. I am SO excited for you and this journey you are starting!! Which 3-Day are you walking? I am sure you have plenty of people offering you advice and you probably even know people who have done it, but if you have any questions or would just like to talk I would love to chat with you. I am not signed up to walk this year but I would most certainly do it again! My mom was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer in 2005 and is a survivor! Praise the Lord! I absolutely know that wouldn't have been possible without the grace of God and then advances made in detection and treatment because of the Komen Foundation. THANK YOU for taking these steps (literally) and rasing awareness and funds to fight breast cancer. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

    As for your friend Erin, my heart truly breaks for her family. Her sweet fiance who never had the privilege of watching her walk down the aisle and taking his name. I am so sorry for such a great loss. I will most certainly keep this family in my prayers. Please let them know that they have prayers going up from Texas.

    Best of luck to you on your journey and please, please feel free to ask me anything!Good luck!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete